General Liability Business Insurance, Texas
Protect Your Small Business From Liability Claims
When shopping for General Liability Insurance in Texas, the specialists at the Thumann Agency are here to help you customize a plan that works for your business and your budget.
General liability (GL) is a coverage that protects you from a variety of claims including bodily injury, property damage, and personal injury. All of which, can arise from your business operations.
General Liability Insurance Coverage Includes
Property Damage or Bodily Injury - this covers claims that can arise from bodily injury or property damages resulting from accidents on your property or from your products, your operations or advertising for your business.
Medical Payments – this coverage can take care of minor injuries to others that happen on your premises.
Personal & Advertising Injury - this covers you in the event your company’s marketing violates someone’s copyright or offends them, and they believe you now owe them for their damages you may or may not have caused.
Defense Costs - this covers you if damages are filed against you or you are sued, general liability insurance covers the insurance company’s investigation and attorney expenses, any judgment or settlement, medical expenses in case of injury and bonds if they must be subsequently posted.
What Business Liability Insurance Doesn't Cover
- Employee injury - your employees are not covered for any injury under your general liability insurance.
- Professional services - you are not covered for any professional services performed by you.
- Use of vehicles and boats - you are not covered for auto and boat accidents.
- Personally identifiable information - general liability insurance does not cover Cyber Liability or failure to protect any personally identifiable information that is in your care, custody or control
- Your property - you are not covered for damage claims to a property you own or the property of others in your care, custody or control.
General Liability Insurance Cost
The cost of general liability insurance is influenced by many factors. For example:
- Your type of business
- Your business location
- The amount of risk your company is exposed to
- The number of employees you have
Quoting for Other Business Insurance Policies
Depending on your type of business you own, you may want to consider these policies:
- Business Owners Policy/BOP - typically, BOPs consist of covering property, general liability, vehicles, business interruption and other types of coverage common to most types of businesses. BOPs simplify the insurance buying process and can often save you money.
- Commercial Auto - commercial vehicle insurance is needed to cover the cars, trucks, and vans used in conducting your business.
- Professional Liability Insurance - also called professional indemnity insurance, is a type of liability coverage designed to protect traditional professionals (e.g., accountants, attorneys) and quasi-professionals (e.g., real estate brokers, consultants)
Have Questions? Call (972) 991.9100